Listing Tools

The former parish campus of Our Lady of Good Counsel is now available. Located in the thriving McKinley Park community,the church and rectory were built in 1902,with the newer school building constructed in 1960. The campus features the rectory (on the north end of the parcel) through the school located on the northwest corner of 36th Street & South Hermitage. Also included is a parking lot directly across from the church on the east side of Hermitage. There are two PINs - 1731404032 and 1731404031. The all-brick two-story rectory was completed in 1902. The main level offers an entrance foyer,offices,formal dining room,kitchen with butler's pantry,two bedrooms,and a full bath. The upper level has a living area,library/den,five bedrooms,four full bathrooms,and ample closet space. The full finished basement boasts a meeting/gathering space,storage areas,and the utility room. A breezeway at the rear of the rectory connects it to the church building. The overall rectory size is approx 33'x90' - nearly 5,000 sq ft,with a lot size of 60'x125'. The combination church/school/recreation building was dedicated in 1902. The main level houses the church worship space with 61 pews,28 stained glass windows,a raised altar measuring 22'x63',and sacristy areas. The overall worship space is approx 73'x63'. Features include window/wall AC and chandelier lighting. The second level of this building was the school originally but converted into recreation and gathering space - approx 85'x64' - now has four remaining classrooms. The full church basement is finished for social gatherings with a full kitchen,public restrooms,and plenty of storage. The three Burnham Boilers provide heat currently to the combination church building and the separate school building. The "newer" school was built in 1960 of steel,glass,concrete,and aluminum. Designed by architects Kefer & Cronin,its safety-oriented design was a first. There are ten classrooms of loosely-formed triangular shape. Collapsible and moveable sound-proof walls allow for classroom expansion. The main entrance houses the administrative offices. The inner corridor provides access to the wavey and slightly pitched roof. The entire parcel - from the rectory on the north to the modern school on the south,measures 318'x125',39,750 square feet,or about 12-13 average-sized Chicago lots. Additional on-site parking is available in a paved lot between the school and the church building. The parking lot across from the church on the east side of Hermitage measures 48'x125' and allows parking for 18 vehicles. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity offers a variety of options to repurpose,develop,or create something new and meaningful to the community. Custom new construction all throughout this neighborhood. Truly a commodity offering shown only to qualified and serious buyers with a specific intended use - must have financial ability to purchase. Take a drive by - see what is possible. Thanks for your interest...

Property Details of 3528 South Hermitage Avenue

Property Details

Exterior Features

Other Details

Map Location

Driving Directions

Listed by John Kmiecik and Bill Erdman of Century 21 Affiliated

Based on information submitted to MRED  as of June 28, 2022 . All data is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MRED.   All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy.  Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information. NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

$

Do not fill in this field: